Sunday, May 5, 2013

Artichoke Salad for Cinco de Mayo




What's on your menu for Cinco de Mayo? 
We are eating one of  our family favorites, artichoke salad. I first had something like this in Mexico. It's a cinch to make, is extremely flavorful, and is perfect for this time of the year. Normally I only use fresh vegetables, but in this case the marinated ones in the jar are pretty good for clean eating, and they make it so easy.
This is one of those recipes that can be thrown together in minutes, yet makes a great impression.
I serve our artichokes as an appetizer or as a salad. Either way it's perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
                             
 
Ingredients: 
1 medium jar of marinated artichokes, chopped
2 pkgs of cherry tomatoes, chopped large
1/2 red onion, chopped very small
1/2 fresh lemon

Directions
Remove the marinated artichokes from the jar ( leaving the excess marinade ) 
Mix all ingredients together and toss 
Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice ( optional) 


                                                  Yum! Just hits the spot!!
May be shared on a few of the following blog carnivals
Like my recipes? I post many more recipes on my social media.  
Follow me on Pinterest Gluten Free A-Z  and Twitter . I follow back

 Pin It Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Scroll down to the end of the post and click on comments.

16 comments:

  1. I could eat an entire bowl of this salad. But there's so much more I can think to do with it too! Great idea, Judee. Thank you for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salad is so tasty.. I always eat a lot of it too.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful photos. I have only used artichokes once or twice and I did like them. This salad means, I should buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. you have to buy some.. they are great in any salad and add so much flavor. Because they are marinated, you can cut back on the dressing.

      Delete
  3. That looks Amazing, Judee!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Wildly Original party.

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great blog carnival. I'll be there again next week.

      Delete
  4. I make a recipe like this!! I take artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, shallots and then I mix in a dijon mustard, olive oil, basil dressing - SOOO delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and easy! Will have to try it. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...this looks delicious! Right up my alley. This would be perfect to link-up to my new series - "Create It Thursday." It's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judee, this sounds delicious. A local farmer near us here in Scottsdale has just harvested his artichokes. He had them selling for 50 cents a piece last weekend, but I didn't buy any. I think I'll have to go back this Saturday and get some so I can try this recipe. Looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love artichokes in my house, well at least I and my daughter do,,, thanks so much for sharing this great salad with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Artichoke Salad is making my mouth water. It's perfect for summer! I've pinned it to my Appetizers board and hope to make it soon. Thank you for sharing this deliciously healthy recipe with the Hearth and Soul hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks simple and delicious! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe sounds amazing! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very late (I'm so sorry!!) but I just wanted to pop by and say thank you for sharing this delicious recipe at my Say G'Day Saturday linky party! I have pinned this and shared it on Twitter too.

    Hope to see you again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly