Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weight Loss Motivation

The winter is over and I've packed on some weight. I've been trying to get back to better eating habits. The actual food that I eat is high quality and healthy, but it's the quantity that I eat and all the snacks..

I always start the day off eating  well and with great intentions for the rest of the day.. Mornings are my best time. I wake up,
  •  take a 1 hour walk, 
  • drink 24 ounces of lemon water ,
  • and then assemble the ingredients for my fresh  glass of green juice. 
  • It feels good to start the day with some greens. This is what goes into my green juice.



Before the veggies hit the juicer

 Somehow as the day progresses, I tend to get off track. Maybe I wait too long to eat and then am so hungry that I want carbs like gluten free pasta or pizza. Given that I want to lose weight again ( the same weight is back on ) carbs are not my best choice. It's disappointing to me because I do so well until lunch.

I saw an  E- book titled, Plan To Eat.... It makes so much sense. When I don't plan, I end up eating according to my mood at that moment which is usually stressed,  and then I want everything around.( and I do indulge and thus the reason for no weight loss)

Today, I have a plan. Last night I baked a spaghetti squash ( click for easy way to bake it)  and plan to have it for lunch today with some sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

spaghetti squash , sauteed tomatoes,  mushrooms, onions, and garlic


I was still pleased with myself at lunch- I stuck to my plan..

I went to a women's group after lunch and fell prey to the snacks!! I wasn't even hungry, but as I socialized I indulged in some chips and humus, some nuts, and some other goodies I won't mention.. I had such good intentions, but I didn't make it!!! When I finished snacking, I felt really stuffed and uncomfortable.
                                   
                         
I wasn't supposed to snack, nor was I even hungry!.
I did plan a snack for when I returned home . I  made these healthy little quinoa  berry tartlettes in muffin tins. They are a cross between a sweet kugel and a crumbly mess. Regardless, they taste decent and are healthy and low calorie. I have to work  to improve the texture of  the recipe, but not sure what it needs.(  It's made from cooked quinoa, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest,  and fresh berries) . I'm experimenting with the recipe to try to make it vegan and will publish it soon. Obviously I'm too full to eat one of these healthy snacks now.



Now it's dinner time , and of course I'm not hungry.. I think I'll have a big glass of water and then go to the gym and try to redeem myself. Tomorrow is another day!! I'll try again. I need to get serious. I have 20 pounds to lose..

How do you stay on a food plan? How do you resist temptation. I'm open to hear your stories and suggestions... Please leave a comment.




7 comments:

  1. Those muffins sound healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    The recipe will be published soon.. I'm still working on perfecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel your pain. I've been drinking lemon water, but I haven't exercised or made anything healthy (except salads). A weekend virus caused a set back, because the minute I felt better, I wanted carbs. Argh. But you are right. We can get right back on track and not kick ourselves for being human (I think we must be hard-wired to crave carby things.) This was a great post! I'll look forward to your tartlett recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya! I need the motivation too! Sigh.... Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Hope that your week is fantastic!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motivation is the medicine that can really help you in any situation, and it has the power to encourage human being. As I was so fat a little motivation and treatment with Fast Celebrity Slim Weight Loss now I am in perfect shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean...but you are eating much better than I am, lol.
    One way I curb the snacking - I just don't buy them. If there are no snacks in the house I can't snack, and instead usually grab a glass of water. Another tip is to brush your teeth after every time you eat, or whenever you start thinking about snacking. Having freshly cleaned teeth usually keeps me away from eating right then.
    Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Atleast you know how to eat and cook healthy, it's just sometimes really difficult to avoid snacking when we are with friends but it's not everyday right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. I love knowing who is stopping by to read my posts! Have a great day.

Printfriendly